Are you wondering what you need to do to get as many miles out of your car as possible? Your car is a significant investment, and it is important for you to make sure it lasts for as many years as possible. That way, you don't have to worry about purchasing another car in the near future. We are Gerry Lane Cadillac, and it would be our pleasure to work with you to help you find the right car to meet your needs. Then, it would be our pleasure to help you take care of it. What are a few of the most important tips you should follow if you want to make sure your car lasts for as many years as possible?
Buy the Right Car
If you want your car to last as long as possible, the first step you need to follow is that you have to buy the right car. The reality is that some cars are going to last longer than others. In particular, if you are interested in purchasing a used car, take a look at what other drivers have to say about that specific model. Have they found that the car breaks down a lot? Or, have they found that the car can take a tremendous amount of wear and tear? If you are interested in purchasing a car that will stand up to the test of time, our team would be happy to help you.
Stay Up to Date on Routine Maintenance
Next, you must stay up-to-date on routine maintenance. Unfortunately, there are some people who feel like they only need to take the car to the shop when something is wrong with it. In reality, the entire purpose of routine maintenance is to improve the efficiency of your car while also reducing the chances of requiring a repair in the future. You need to pay attention to your oil level, your tires, your brakes, your spark plugs, and even your air filters. Staying up-to-date on routine maintenance can help you prolong the life of your car.
Reduce Stress on the Engine
You should also reduce the stress you place on your engine. The harder your engine has to work, the faster it will burn out. A few tips to keep in mind include:
• Use the right oil to reduce the friction between the internal components of your engine.
• Try to keep your RPMs at a consistent speed. Avoid accelerating or braking too hard, as long as you can do so safely.
• Avoid driving in bad weather, as your car would have to work harder to cut through precipitation.
• Do not ask your car to carry any unnecessary weight. If you have something in your car you do not need, you should put it inside.
If you can reduce the stress you place on your engine, you should be able to extend the lifespan of your car.
Reduce Your Chances of Having an Accident
Of course, if you want to extend the lifespan of your car, you need to reduce your chances of having an accident. That means that you need to drive safely. A few additional tips to follow include:
• Put down the cell phone while you drive. You need to keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.
• Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It can seriously impair your judgment and reflexes.
• Do not drive tired. If you feel like you might fall asleep behind the wheel, pull off to the side of the road for a few minutes.
If you can minimize your chances of being involved in an accident, you should get more use out of your car.
Visit Gerry Lane Cadillac for Help with Your Car
At Gerry Lane Cadillac, we always put the needs of our drivers ahead of our own, and it would be our pleasure to do the same for you. We know that you want your car to last a long time, and we will make sure you stay up to date on all routine maintenance. Give us a call to speak to a member of our team and schedule an appointment with our service center if you believe your car is due for another maintenance check.